Spring 1 Challenge 3.
E-safety and Digital Literacy – showing your support for Safer Internet Day.
This challenge will embrace the focus developed in line with ‘Safer Internet Day’. The theme for this year is ‘Together for a Better Internet.’ The deadline for posting responses to the challenge will be Wednesday 19th February, so that you can coordinate the promotion of children’s work with this national event which will take place on Tuesday 11th February 2020.
Different levels of the challenge are shown below:
- Present an assembly to the school promoting ‘Safer Internet Day’ and what E-safety and Digital Literacy is.
- Help staff prepare and put up an e safety display with facts for each key stage linking to the national curriculum.
- Host lunch time drop in session for pupils – Hold a drop in session at lunchtimes to promote any apps and answer any e-safety questions. Maybe link to social media, gaming etc… (Teacher present at all times.)
- Present to children how to use technology safely, respectfully and responsibly (maybe present in an assembly or in registration periods to different classes)
- Act as a role model to other children (E-safety officers/ Digital Leader role models.)
- Host a drop in session, alongside digital leader teacher, for parents and governors.
- Silver criteria + Take part in e-safety day ensuring whole school are involved. Use school website, blog, social media sites and networking alongside staff to promote this.
Good luck Digital Leaders!