Challenge 3 – Online Safety:
This challenge will embrace the focus (Together for a better Internet) developed in line with ‘Safer Internet Day’, February 8th 2022.
Bronze • Complete activities from the Safer Internet Day resource pack
• Help with Online Safety displays in classrooms
• Display Online Safety rules around the school
• Organise and host an Online Safety assembly to the whole school.
• Help staff with Online Safety lessons – help with delivery and resources.
Silver • Support across the school in completing activities from the Safer Internet Day resource pack
• Lunch time drop in session for pupils – Hold a drop in session at lunchtimes to promote any apps and answer any Online Safety questions. Maybe link to social media, gaming etc… (Teacher present at all times.)
• Present to children how to use technology safely, respectfully and responsibly (maybe present in an assembly or in registration periods to different classes)
• Act as a role model to other children (Online Safety officers.)
Gold Silver criteria +
• Lead across the school in completing activities from the Safer Internet Day resource pack
• Host a drop in session, alongside digital leader teacher, for parents and governors.
• Take part in Online Safety day ensuring whole school are involved. Use school website, blog, social media sites and networking alongside staff to promote this.
We are really looking forward to see what everyone is doing for Safer Internet Day